Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spring dress

Ok so I have not done so great at posting regularly.
But I have a good reason, really, I do...
I have been knitting like a mad thing to finish a dress for BigMiss-100m tall....

 Why did I decide to make her a dress? Because she loves her other one I knit for her. She wears it all the time.


People have suggested how fantastic it must be because I can knit for the BigMiss and  the LittleMiss will get to wear them too.This is because lots of wear = a knitters dream I think. Yet BigMiss does not give up her knits.The cardigan which only just fit her last year and is really stretched on her now is still not able to be given to the LittleMiss (who it would fit perfectly). And given that she wears her existing dress on any day deemed to cold for a summer dress by Mum, it is unlikely to ever be handed down.

So really having two girls close together does not help because it really means you need to knit twice the amount at almost the same size. LittleMiss has requested a dress like this one now. I have enough yarn left and obviously the pattern but I lack the will right now.

So I will just bask in the joy BigMiss feels wearing it.
Don't you just want to jump and twirl too?


 Oriental Lily by Tikki designs available for purchase on Ravelry here

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Love the Dress, Miss Big is obviously enjoying it! Well done :-)