Thursday, September 13, 2012

Clip holder

Recently a very lovely lady has been offering up some clip holders in some of the karma threads over in the Australian karma swappers group on ravelry.
Hers are beautifully made on her new whizz bang embroidery machine. (yep, totally jealous) Cupcakes, butterflies, skulls (they appeal to some..) all embroidered on felt and totally desirable. So I wanted one.

But truth be told I have a few issues participating in the swaps.
1) I do not have a big enough stash of yarns I am happy to swap- "no I need that" is my first thought when trying to come up with a yarn to offer
2) I usually offer the same thing...a bag.


(and though this is a parcel I sent to someone at one stage, the photo is not mine and I use it everywhere cause really, wouldn't you?)
Which is great, but I am concerned that people will get sick of them which leads me to offer other random things that may or may not be desired and thus..

3) I will get stuck holding up the thread offering something no-one wants with nothing to use to bail me out.

And so to stop the anxiety involved, I have created my own.
Without an embroidery machine I decided to use a totally cute fabric appliqué from a fat quater mum had just bought. I backed it with felt and attached a ribbon for the clips to attach to.
I then decided that it needed a bit more structure so I added a layer of "strengthening" and another layer of felt to the back.
And then I added a flower applique from the same fabric to the bottom of the ribbon.
Totally happy with the result and so are the girls.


No comments: