Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Go To Patterns Signature Dress

I am a little late in this post as I went to social sewing on Saturday and did not get pictures taken..

And let's not discuss Sunday or Monday. The school holidays have started here and so has Spring (what? It must have just started cause we have just organised our garden.)

And so here finally is the next post.

Here are 2 of last week's creations. I recently purchased the Go To Patterns Signature Dress in a combo with a few other patterns and I have finally had a chance to make it.

First up I made a tunic length dress using both the flutter and short sleeves combination. I opted to copy another bloggers idea (sorry I cannot find you again now. Feel free to identify yourself if it was you) and use one big pleat fold in the center front and back rather than 3 smaller pleats or a random gather. I like it better this way.

I made a size 7 for Miss Little who is 5 years old and as you can see it fits her great. So glad this pattern is available to size 12 otherwise would not get much use out of it.

After the tunic top I decided to have a go at the maxi version with longer sleeves and the flutter sleeve - am not sure I will ever be able to do it without the flutter sleeves now the girls have discovered them.
What to say about this? Hmmm... Well, it is longer....
I have used a fabric which I know to be great when new but quickly deteriorates to a grey horrible version of itself upon wash and wear. (cheap fabric - you get what you buy, that is the risk) I knew this would not last long. But when I finished it, the Little Man claimed it as a princess dress up and ran around the backyard. It did not make it to hemming, it did not make it to its intended recipient.

I need to make another one for the Big Miss. And perhaps sort out something for the Little Man to stop him running off with the next one. And so....
Another Signature dress. A size 7 made out of an old satin sheet (I wonder if the person who gave it to me will recognise it?) with flutter sleeves, elastic around the neck and long enough to be princessy but short enough to not drag on the ground. Fingers crossed he will leave the next creations for the girls alone.



No comments: