Friday, December 12, 2008

Recycled Crayons

What to do when your toddler has a temperature, your baby has been teething, you have not had much sleep and you need presents for playgroup friends the next day? (assuming we can go - she seems fine now!)

Of course. Make recycled crayons! I think they turned out ok. We had fun ripping off the paper and breaking them - well I did, DD only wanted to pick out the colours to go in the muffin tray. Not sure if this is what is supposed to happen or if I cooked them too long? Will try again when I have some more crayon ends..
Oh yeah and the muffin tray was a grey silicone one that now has some red tinges in some of the holes! Thinking it has become a craft tray now.






For anyone interested we now have 1 tooth. YAY although I did try to convince her dentures would be easier...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay - a tooth! I knew she was close. I wonder how many more she'll have when I get back next month.

Your crayons look lovely. Great quick, but fun idea!

Leah said...

Ive always wanted to try making crayons, I have a recipe for soy ones that I want to try..